Friday, October 5, 2007

In the beginning...

Well I've succumbed to the idea of a blog. Never one to be an innovator or early adopter, I let the idea stew in my mind for a while and finally felt there were more reasons to do it, than not to. I'm still not certain whether this will be more personal, miscellaneous or work related, but I imagine I'll find my way. Alea Jacta Est.

Maybe I should start with a little bit about me. I'm a 36 year old Canadian (with French citizenship as well, by way of my mother), who works at the International Development Research Centre ( http://www.idrc.ca ) in Ottawa Canada ( map ) . I'm mainly interested in new technologies, digital culture and, more specifically, socio-economic research issues related to those areas. My professional life focusses on the intersection between those areas and development, however I do have a personal interest in that as well. Other interests I have, which I generally won't bore you with, include medieval history, world politics, hockey and travel.

No comments: